Family holidays are exhausting lol especially when you have a 6-year old who can’t believe mommy suddenly is so much around (and she seems to want more every day! We may have a hard transitional period when the days off are over!)
Nonetheless, I managed to go through some of the essential book pre-writing tasks I needed to get a better understanding of. I am planning to actually start writing immediately after the holidays.
Also I have a suspicion this will be a 365-day (instead of 30-day) challenge for me because I won’t be able to accomplish much daily (I have a day job, at least two huge (!) projects and, more importantly, my daughter who I am doing at least some home work daily with: We have two languages (English and her native Russian) to catch up with. My husband (He is so supportive!) is doing math with her, but languages are mine
Anyway, back to my book… Two things I need to have a clear plan for:
- Chapters (At least something to start from. I need some clear structure in mind. It may change down the road of course)
- Reference structure. (Same: It may change but I need to collect my references now and structure them the way I can change the style down the road.
I also think (Wow, this idea just came to my mind a second ago: This blogging thing makes total sense! )… so I also think I can use that section online listing all the references. This will also be a perfect resource of my own articles on that topic I can market together with the book. I’ve written so much: I think finding what I wrote on this topic is a separate huge project which I think I’ll start tomorrow.
Somewhere down the road I’ll also need to decide whether I am going to need a publisher (I have a few on my mind already!)
So, 4 things to be doing (Besides actually writing the whole thing)
- Define the clear structure
- Organize your references in a very clear way (Think of the ways to market the online version of those references)
- Make a decision on how to publish
Personal deadline: I am going to write the whole thing by the end of this winter.
So March, 1, I am going to have the whole book in draft… Two things to blog here this week:
- Start collecting my own articles on that topic at this blog (This may help with better defining the book structure too)
- Do some math: How much do I need to write per day / week to have it written within two months (if I start after the New Year which is the biggest holiday in my country!)