Family holidays are exhausting lol especially when you have a 6-year old who can’t believe mommy suddenly is so much around (and she seems to want more every day! We may have a hard transitional period when the days off are over!)
Nonetheless, I managed to go through some of the essential book pre-writing tasks I needed to get a better understanding of. I am planning to actually start writing immediately after the holidays.
Also I have a suspicion this will be a 365-day (instead of 30-day) challenge for me because I won’t be able to accomplish much daily (I have a day job, at least two huge (!) projects and, more importantly, my daughter who I am doing at least some home work daily with: We have two languages (English and her native Russian) to catch up with. My husband (He is so supportive!) is doing math with her, but languages are mine 🙂
Anyway, back to my book… Two things I need to have a clear plan for:
- Chapters (At least something to start from. I need some clear structure in mind. It may change down the road of course)
- Reference structure. (Same: It may change but I need to collect my references now and structure them the way I can change the style down the road.
I also think (Wow, this idea just came to my mind a second ago: This blogging thing makes total sense! 🙂)… so I also think I can use that section online listing all the references. This will also be a perfect resource of my own articles on that topic I can market together with the book. I’ve written so much: I think finding what I wrote on this topic is a separate huge project which I think I’ll start tomorrow.
Somewhere down the road I’ll also need to decide whether I am going to need a publisher (I have a few on my mind already!)
So, 4 things to be doing (Besides actually writing the whole thing)
- Define the clear structure
- Organize your references in a very clear way (Think of the ways to market the online version of those references)
- Make a decision on how to publish
Personal deadline: I am going to write the whole thing by the end of this winter.
So March, 1, I am going to have the whole book in draft… Two things to blog here this week:
- Start collecting my own articles on that topic at this blog (This may help with better defining the book structure too)
- Do some math: How much do I need to write per day / week to have it written within two months (if I start after the New Year which is the biggest holiday in my country!)